Rosaria DiLeto first appears in the Painesville, Ohio, area in 1950. In America, Rosaria DiLeto was known by her married name, Rose Minniti.
Rosaria DiLeto, daughter of Maria Trecozzi, was born on February 5, 1888, at Rizzicona, Italy. She married Paolo Minniti, son of Nicola Minniti, in Italy. Rosaria died on April 28, 1962, at Lake County Memorial Hospital, Painesville, Lake County, Ohio, at age 74, of a heart attack. Her body was interred at Shinston Cemetery at Shinston, West Virginia.
Rosaria DiLeto, age 26, and her daughter, Filippa Minniti, age ten months, immigrated to the United States on April 26, 1914, travelling to Clarksburg, West Virginia. They was joining Rosaria’s husband, Paolo Minniti, in Clarksburg. Rosaria was also travelling with her cousin, Maria Teresa DiLeto Napoli and uncle, Filippo Trecozzi. They were both travelling to New Jersey.
Rosaria lived at Shinston, West Virginia, from 1928 until 1950. Her husband, Paolo, passed away in 1948. Rosaria moved to Painesville, where most of her children were living, in 1950. At the time of her death, Rosaria resided with her daughter, Mary Kallay, at 630 Bowhall Road, Painesville Township.
The children of Rosaria DiLeto and Paolo Minniti were as follows:
1. Filippa Minniti was born on June 10, 1913, at Rizzicona, Italy. She married first, Domenico Nocida, son of Fortunato Nocida and Carmella Russo, on September 4, 1932 at Harrison, West Virginia. Domenico died in 1932. Filippa married second, Vincenzo Sansalone, son of Domenico Sansalone and Carolina Yerace, on April 28, 1935 at Harrison County, West Virginia. Filippa died on March 21, 1999, at LakeEast Hospital, Painesville, Lake County, Ohio, at age 85. Her body was interred at Perry Center Cemetery at Perry, Lake County, Ohio.
2. Nick Vincent Minniti was born on August 23, 1915, at North Adams, Massachusetts. He married Josephine Mancino, daughter of Gabriel and Sarah Mancino, in 1948. Nick died on July 16, 1970, at Lake County Memorial Hospital, Painesville, Lake County, Ohio, at age 54, of a heart attack. His body was interred at Riverside Cemetery at Painesville, Lake County, Ohio.
3. Dominic Minniti was born about 1918 at Massachusetts. Dominic died on October 30, 1970.
4. Rocco Minniti was born about 1921, at West Virginia.
5. Mary Minniti was born on June 4, 1923, at West Virginia. She married Joseph Kallay, son of Stephen Kallay and Emma Pasternak, on July 11, 1953 at Lake County, Ohio.
6. Anne Regina Minniti was born on December 11, 1926, at West Virginia. She married Anthony George Zampini, son of Egidio Zampini and Maria Giuseppa DiIorio, on June 25, 1949 at Harrison, West Virginia.
8. James Minniti was born on November 13, 1930, at New Jersey. He was married to Theresa. James died on November 24, 2011, at St. Joseph’s Hospital, Buckhannon, West Virginia, at age 81. His body was interred at Replete Cemetery at West Virginia.
9. Caroline Minniti was born on January 23, 1933, at West Virginia. She married Richard Kallay, son of Stephen Kallay and Emma Pasternak, on July 11, 1953 at Lake County, Ohio.
I grew up with these families. The Minniti, Marzano, Kallay, and Zampini Families are finest people I have ever known know.