Liborio Catalano first appears in the Painesville, Ohio, area between 1894 and 1900. His common name in the United States was Charles Catalano.
Liborio Catalano was born on February 6, 1874, at Montemaggiore Belsito, Sicily. He married Epifania Pace, daughter of Rosario Pace and Maria Nasca. Liborio died in April, 1966, at age 92.
Liborio Catalano, age 20, immigrated to the United States on May 4, 1894. He became a citizen of the United States on November 6, 1900. Liborio resided at Painesville, Lake County, Ohio, when he was naturalized.
Three of Liborio’s siblings also lived in Painesville. Brother Giacomo Catalano migrated to Painesville about 1901. Sister Rosa Catalano Ciccarello in 1902; and sister Fara Catalano in 1906.
Liborio Catalano was enumerated for the 1920 Census of the United States, on January 3, 1920, living at Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio. They family moved to Cleveland about 1915.
The children of Liborio Catalano and Epifania Pace were as follows:
1. Milllie Catalano was born about 1903, at Ohio.
2. John J. Catalano was born on January 30, 1904, at Painesville, Lake County, Ohio. John died on March 28, 1995, at Meridia South Point Hospital, Warrensville Heights, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, at age 91. His body was interred at All Souls Cemetery at Chardon Township, Geauga County, Ohio.
3. Mary Catalano was born on June 11, 1905, at Ohio. Mary died on August 4, 2003, at California at age 98.
4. Ross Catalano was born on September 19, 1907, at Painesville, Lake County, Ohio. He married Josephine Profeta, daughter of Salvatore Profeta and Rose Barbera on June 8, 1935, at St. Mary Catholic Church, Painesville, Ohio.
5. Angeline was born on September 19, 1909, at Ohio. She married Carmello Chiappone, son of Gaetano Chiappone and Angelina Pecoraro, about February, 1930 at Cuyahoga County, Ohio. Angeline died on December 12, 1999, at California at age 90.
6. Joseph Robert Catalano was born on June 9, 1911, at Painesville, Lake County, Ohio. Joseph died on June 17, 1924, at Glenville Hospital, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, at age 13. His body was interred at Calvary Cemetery at Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
7. Rosina was born on August 9, 1914, at Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio. Rosina died on April 11, 1923, at her home, Westropp Avenue, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, at age 8. Her body was interred at Calvary Cemetery at Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
8. Samuel Catalano was born about 1917, at Ohio.
9. Virginia Catalano was born in February, 1919, at Ohio. She married Roy Johnson about January, 1940 at Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
10. Carmella Catalano was born on July 1, 1922, at Ohio. Carmella died on October 7, 2003, at California at age 81.