Vincenzo Pizzino arrived at Painesville, Ohio, about 1924. He migrated to Painesville from Pennsylvania with his wife, Maria Loria, and their children. In America, Vincenzo Pizzino was known as James Vincent Pizzino.
Vincenzo Pizzino, son of Basilio Pizzino, was born on Tuesday November 5, 1878, at Messina, Sicily. He married Maria Loria, daughter of Giovanni Loria and Vittoria Tangoro, on April 12, 1920. Vincenzo died on June 6, 1972, at Lake County Memorial County, Painesville, Lake County, Ohio, at age 93. His body was interred at Riverside Cemetery at Painesville, Lake County, Ohio.
Vincenzo Pizzino immigrated to the United States 1905. He was about 27 years old. Vincenzo was married, with two children when he immigrated to the United States. His wife and children never immigrated to the United States. Vincenzo registered for the military draft for World War One on September 12, 1918. He was living at Wendell, West Virginia. He was employed by a coal mining company. His “nearest relative” was Teresa Pizzino who was living in Italy.
Vincenzo Pizzino’s first wife passed away in Italy, sometime before 1920. When Vincenzo married Maria Loria, Maria was a widow with four children (all under six years of age).
Mr. Pizzino was employed for a number of years by the Storrs and Harrison Nursery and for the Industrial Rayon Corporation. At the time of his death, Vincenzo resided at 312 Hale Road, Painesville Township, Lake County, Ohio.
The nine known children of Vincenzo Pizzino and Maria Loria were as follows:
1. Eugene Pizzino was born on March 26, 1921, at Pennsylvania. He died in September, 1985, at age 64.
2. Daniel Pizzino was born on February 16, 1923, at Mercer, Mercer County, Pennsylvania. He married Jane Kelly, daughter of Albert and Alice Kelly. Daniel died on January 18, 2004, at Heather Hill, Chardon, Geauga County, Ohio, at age 80. His body was interred at Riverside Cemetery at Painesville, Lake County, Ohio.
3. Basil Pizzino was born on March 5, 1925, at Ohio. Basil died on October 20, 1987, at age 62. His body was interred at Perry Cemetery at Perry, Lake County, Ohio.
5. Betty Jane Pizzino was born on September 9, 1929, at Ohio. She married John I. Swails on June 6, 1955.
6. Lyle William Pizzino was born on June 14, 1931. He married Clytie Evelyn Willis on April 23, 1955, at Perry Baptist Church, Perry, Lake County, Ohio.
7. Mary Ann Pizzino was born about 1936, at Ohio. She married Charles Smith.
8. Norma L. Pizzino was born on June 18, 1937, at Ohio. She married Everett B. Nelson, son of Bryan Nelson and Myrtle Fyrlice, on December 6, 1952, at Lake County, Ohio.
9. Nancy Caroline Pizzino was born on April 2, 1941, at Painesville, Lake County, Ohio. She married Jack Riddle on December 10, 1960, at Painesville, Lake County, Ohio. Nancy died on July 1, 2014, at TriPoint Medical Center, Concord Township, Lake County, Ohio, at age 73. Her body was interred at Riverside Cemetery at Painesville, Lake County, Ohio.