Domenico Scacciavillani first appears in the Painesville, Ohio area in 1900. He was a migratory worker. He immigrated to the United States to support his family in Italy. Domenico periodically returned to his home, and family, in Italy. In America, Domenico Scacciavillani was known as Dominic Square.
Domenico Scacciavillani, son of Felice Scacciavillano and Maria Giovanna Vitolone, was born on October 4, 1876, at Frosolone, Italy. He was baptized on October 8, 1876. He married Domenica Fracasso on February 29, 1908, at Frosolone, Italy. Domenico died in 1933 at Frosolone, Italy.
Domenico, age 23, immigrated to the United States on February 8, 1900, travelling to Troy, Rensselaer County, New York. He was living in Painesville Township by June, 1900. Domenico made at least two additional trips (1905 and in 1909) from Italy to the United States. He registered for the military draft for World War One on September 12, 1918, living at Painesville Township, Lake County, Ohio. He permanently returned to Italy 1918 or 1919.
Domenico was the oldest of six Scacciavillani siblings to live in Painesville, Ohio. His brother, Giuseppe, immigrated to Painesville in 1898; his brother, Giovanni, in 1900; his brother, Donato, in 1903; his brother, Nicola in 1906; and his sister, Teresa, in 1910. Additionally, his brother-in-law, Cristofaro DiCristofaro (sister, Donata’s husband) immigrated to Painesville in 1897.
Domenico was employed by the Storrs and Harrsion Nursey while in Painesville. When he registered for the World War One Draft in 1918, he was employed by the Diamond Alkali Company.
The children of Domenico Scacciavillani and Domenica Fracasso were as follows (order of birth is not certain):
1. Felice Scaccaivillani. He died in Italy in 1968.
2. Maria Scacciavillani. She died in Italy on July 12, 1996.
3. Nicola Scacciavillani. He died in 1974, in Italy, due to a work related accident.
4. Filippo Scacciavillani was born on May 12, 1920. He died on May 29, 1990 at age 70. His body was interred at Frosolone, Italy.
5. Giuseppe Scacciavillani was born on March 9, 1926, at Frosolone, Italy. He married Incoronata Carrino. Giuseppe died on March 7, 2002 at age 75.